Following these posts
- How far off-topic can we get in the Code Review General Chat Room?
- What are the Stack Exchange limits on chatbots?
- Chat bot feature requests
I found that there was a Bot running in Root Access, which is Superuser's main chat room.
I gathered the code for this chat bot (from here), and I want to host the bot for CR once I figure it all out and play with the code a little bit.
maybe even have a testing bot permanently set up in a chat room currently called BlueCheese Monster's Home
This bot has a way to kill the bot and revive the bot, and I believe that the bot also has a command for SuperUsers to ban certain people from sending commands to the bot.
There is a lot of stuff this bot can do
- Tell you the Weather
- Define (via wiki)
Things I would like to do with the bot
- Read an RSS feed and Respond accordingly with our goals
- Meta Answers - depending on settings.
- Main Answers - depending on settings.
- Ping user upon arrival (if they are signed up and/or have a high enough tag score) with the most active (or least active) question for their highest scored tag. -just an idea
Right now what I need for this bot is
- Name (Currently BlueCheeseMonster)
- Invocation (Currently "CR")