I still use a lot of Classic ASP/VBScript - migration is not an option at this point - and I find myself in need of a little code review. This leads to two problems:
- I don't have enough rep to create a tag for Classic ASP and/or VBScript.
- It would probably be a good idea to have a discussion now over what the correct tag would be so we don't run into the problem I noticed on Stack Overflow. There are several ways people tend to refer to the old ASP, and I'd rather resolve which is the "correct" way now.
Which one of these (or something I didn't even think of) should we be using? (And can someone create the tag so I can use it?)
- asp - by itself it is too ambiguous (it's used for both ASP 3.0 and ASP.NET)
- asp-classic or classic-asp - more accurate, and more often used (former would probably be better)
- asp3 (or some variant) - probably more technically accurate, but less commonly used
- asp-vbscript - most accurate, probably the most useful.