The reasoning for this was:
- Rock Paper Scissors (Lizard Spock) is popular enough to deserve its own tag. (37 questions seem to be applicable for it)
- Minesweeper has seen some questions (posted by me) not directly related to implementing the game, but rather analyzing it.
This has led me to investigate the other games out there. There are currently 470 questions tagged game, although not all questions that can use it are actually using it. I would like for us to pay some attention to the game tag and the different games out there.
Let's take a look at some numbers:
- 6 reversi is:question closed:no
- 7 battleship is:question closed:no
- 8 trading card is:question closed:no
- 14 minesweeper is:question closed:no
- 18 [game] memory is:question closed:no
- 37 rock paper scissors is:question closed:no
- 72 tic tac toe is:question closed:no (which has its own tag, although 48 questions are not using it)
I added the game when searching for memory to avoid memory-performance questions.
Some of these tags do exist on StackOverflow already, such as minesweeper.
Other games to consider checking out is:
- Connect 4