In Memory of Ralph H. Baer - 1922-2014 - co-inventor of the "Simon" game.
This round is now complete!
Simon Says will be the challenge this time
- Simon Says: +17 score
- Resistor: +12 score
- Calculator: +11 score
Challenge completes when Winter Bash Starts - Happy Winter Bash Warmup!
Here are the questions posted in response to this challenge (oldest to newest - question/answer scores at challenge-close):
- 10/12 Simon game / Four tiles game
- 11/10 Simon Says / Four tiles game, with C++ and SDL
- 10/2 Simon-says in AS3 - Prototyping functionality
- 8/6 Simon's Opposites Game
- 10/5 Simon says HTML5
- 15/4 Simon Says: "Make me a circular window"
- 6/4 Simon Says in Scheme
- 25/24 Simon Says: "Make me a pretty game"
All of these were well received questions, and, to my count, have added +535 question rep, +90 accept rep, and +720 answer rep. A nice 1345 total rep.
Even though the official challenge is now over, you can still ask more, answer more, and vote more on all the posts.
Enjoy your hats, everyone!
Gentle reminders that some may find helpful:
- do not fall victim to the 'get-it-done-fast' trap. There is no prize for the early entries, and there's almost 10 days to get it done. Frankly, if 10 days is not enough, then that's OK too, just post your code when you can. Along those lines, if any previous challenges inspire you, or you are reading this after this challenge is complete, then feel free to use 'old' ideas for inspiration too. The challenge 'window' is there only to synchronize the timing of participants so we can all discuss our progress.
- there are no prizes at all... just good questions and good answers. The prize is the satisfaction, and reputation, that you earn.
- the idea is to extend yourself in ways that you would not normally do. The challenge is just something a little inspiring, if your interest lies in only a part of it, then implement what inspires you. The advantage of the challenge here is that it gives you something in common with other people too. That makes it more fun (if that's your thing).
- Come and chat about things in the 2nd monitor. These are called community challenges for a reason, they help form a community. Come and join another side of the Code Review community in chat.
WinterBash will be starting in 2 weeks. Let's put up a code-challenge to complete before that. Like previous challenges, this meta post is here to poll for a good challenge idea. Here's how this round will work:
- Post an answer to this question with your challenge
- Vote for those answers which interest you
- At the end-of-day on Thursday, 4th December, the most-voted post will become the week challenge.
Once the challenge topic is decided, you can post questions on the main-site related to the challenge. The idea is to run the challenge all the way through to the start of WinterBash, which starts on the 15th Dec (I have been told).