As 2014 comes to an end, let's kick off Best of Code Review 2014!
All Code Review users will be invited to nominate (link to) the best questions and answers from this year, and showcase them as examples of what great CR questions and answers should look like. Prizes in the form of bounties will be awarded wherever feasible.
The winners of Best of Code Review 2014 are:
Lots of Laughs (best use of humor):
- @RubberDuck on A practical example of evenly distributing n lists into a single list, with 13 meta votes
- @SimonAndréForsberg on 'Team Split' problem, with 13 meta votes
I've awarded 100 points each to @RubberDuck and @SimonAndréForsberg.
Exterminator (answer that points out the most obscure bug):
- @Edward on Calculating the harmonic average, with 8 meta votes
I've awarded 150 points to @Edward for the winning answer.
Night and Day (most dramatic improvement):
- @200_success on @KristoferGisslén's Complex query to count votes with a redistribution system, with 4 meta votes
I've awarded 100 points to @KristoferGisslén for the question.
- @rolfl's title Regularity in the "Rusty Towel of Mutual understanding" on @Nit's question (originally called Generating random item names), with 13 meta votes
I've awarded 100 points to @rolfl for the edit.
I hope that Best of Code Review 2014 has helped to showcase contributions from our members — not just the winners, but the other nominees as well. Let's do this again next year!