As 2015 comes to an end, let's kick off Best of Code Review 2015!
All Code Review users will be invited to nominate (link to) the best questions and answers from this year, and showcase them as examples of what great CR questions and answers should look like. Prizes in the form of bounties will be awarded wherever feasible.
The winners of Best of Code Review 2015 are:
Best Newcomer Answer (best answer by a user who had not posted an answer before 2015):
- @5gon12eder on Easier user input in C++, with 7 meta votes
Night and Day (most dramatic improvement):
- @MatthiasEttinger on @MarieAnne's IP and router connections, with 7 meta votes
Lots of Laughs (answer that makes the best use of humor to illustrate a point):
- @Vogel612 on LOL'ing-Up Project Euler One, with 8 meta votes
Diplomat (tough advice in an answer, delivered in the most tactful manner):
- @Barry on Connect 4 refine the diagonal check, with 7 meta votes
Exterminator (answer that points out the most obscure bug):
- @Quuxplusone on Hybrid Lock Implementation (C++), with 12 meta votes
Bounty prizes will be awarded shortly by the generous prize sponsors.
I hope that Best of Code Review 2015 has helped to showcase contributions from our members — not just the winners, but the other nominees as well. Let's do this again next year!