It's that time of year again! I want to get a head-start on the 2017 community challenge, we have a lot of new faces over the winter and it would be great to get everyone participating again!
For those who don't know community challenges are a way for the entire community to band together and come up with a challenge for us all to try to implement. You can pick a challenge that has been previously suggested and unselected, or you can pick a brand new challenge!
For any new users, do note that these are not like the Programming Puzzles and Code Golf challenges: no one wins and no one loses, it's an opportunity for everyone to train themselves further and see how the community interacts with different ideas. All questions must continue to be on-topic for the site.
To help start things off, here are all the community challenges from last year:
- September 2016: CRitter Collaboration
- August 2016: Rainfall Challenge
- July 2016: Monopoly
- June 2016: Chutes/Snakes and Ladders
- October 2015: Mandelbrot Set Fractals
- September 2015: Elevator Management
- August 2015: Racetrack
- July 2015: StackSTV
- June 2015: Monoalphabetic Substitution Decryption
- May 2015: BattleShip!
- April 2015: Simple Calculator
Lastly, all the pre-community-challenge challenges:
- Winterbash 2014: Simon Says
- April 2014: 2-player Cardfighting
- January 2014: Ultimate Tic-Tac-Toe
- December 2013: Create a Scheduler
- December 2013: Simple Text Adventure
- December 2013: Read the Pokédex!
- December 2013: Sudoku Solver
- December 2013: Evaluate a poker hand
- November 2013: Rock Paper Scissors Lizard Spock
Feel free to select any ideas that are not listed directly above, you can view those questions and select other ideas in them, just not the ones that won.
Usually I post these on the first day of the month before, but I want to give enough time for everyone to have an opportunity to get involved, the early parts of the year can be busy for a lot of us, so I want us all to have plenty of time!
It's time to choose a community-challenge for April 2017.
- Post your challenge as an answer to this question. Feel free to resubmit non-winning ideas from previous months.
- Vote for those answers which interest you.
- At the end-of-day on Friday, March 31st, the top-voted post will become the next challenge.
Once the challenge topic is decided, post your solution as a question on the main site and tag it with community-challenge. The challenge runs throughout April (but nothing stops you from posting an entry later on).