I know that we are a beta site, but from the looks of it, they only choose moderator pro-tems 2 weeks into a beta site. I think we need to follow the path set forth for nomination of a new moderator, if nothing else to show that we are a growing site and have enough active users to become a full SE Site.
This post was inspired by this post: Winston Ewert is no longer a moderator?
So let's nominate some moderators
Moderators should be members who:
- Have a reasonably high reputation score to indicate active, consistent participation.
- Show an interest in their meta’s community-building activities.
- Lead by example, showing patience and respect for their fellow community members in everything they write.
- Exhibit those intangible traits discussed in A Theory of Moderation.
Bonus points for:
- Members with participation in both meta and the parent site (i.e. interest in both community building and expertise in the field).
- Area 51 participation, social network referrals, or blogging about the site.
- Members who have already shown an interest or ability to promote their community.
Self nominations are okay and encouraged
Each nomination should be a separate answer to this post. In the answer, please specify:
- link to Code Review and Meta profile
- links to other activities may be helpful
Please keep in mind if the nomination is posted by a 3rd-party, the nominee should indicate their acceptance by editing the answer and adding that they accept the nomination. Optionally, they can write something about themselves.
I just saw a post here on Meta about when they chose the pro-tems the first time and it looks like they actually had 4 moderators to start with.
We are currently at two moderators: one in Australia and one in Germany.
I haven't really noticed anything not happening quickly and efficiently, but this may be something that we would bring up as well.