I became a moderator in the first election four years ago but it is now time to step down.
I came here to Code Review in November 2013, after browsing the site for a few days I posted my first comment, and later my first answer. I found chat and found the wonderful people Mathieu, Jamal, and Malachi. Just a few days after, rolfl joined as well. I arrived just in time for The Mission where I was one of the regulars who helped Code Review go through graduation.
I have experienced a lot during my time at Code Review, everything from starring lol's to learning new languages and techniques, and participating in community challenges. I have also experienced a lot during my four years as a moderator. I have seen the community grow and change, but as Nelly Furtado sings - All good things come to an end.
There's happened a lot of (unfortunately not very positive) things in my personal life recently that you just wouldn't believe me if I told you. I have now reached a point in my life where I value many other things more than Code Review, one of which includes organizing board game meetups IRL with the purpose of helping people make new friends (very international crowd). Code Review Stack Exchange will still have a special place for me. I have learnt a lot here, and I will continue to post interesting questions and good answers every now and then.
I'd like to thank a few people of the community for making the past years much enjoyable.
- Mathieu, Code Review's former cheerleader. Without you there wouldn't have been a mission and maybe we would still have been in beta. When I was elected, Mathieu was elected at the same time, and our performance in the election was pretty much inseparable.
- Marc-Andre, it's always a pleasure seeing you write "Hello everybody! Have a nice day!"
- rolfl, Code Review's own monkey. You are a wise and valuable monkey and friend.
- My current moderator friends, rolfl, Vogel612, Jamal, Malachi. Thank you for your assistance, support and for the collaboration.
- My former moderator friends, 200_success, Mathieu, janos. It was a privilege and a pleasure working with you all.
- My friends Phrancis, Marc-Andre, skiwi and the others in the Coding Projects chat-room.
- Duga, my only child and bot. Code Review just wouldn't be the same without her. And don't worry, she will keep being just as much of a moderator as she's always been.
- Everyone who voted for me in the first election.
- Mast, EBrown, Peilonrayz, and others from the community that I have spent many hours with in The 2nd Monitor.
If there's anything I would like to leave behind me it is to encourage you all to comment, comment, comment. A good and friendly comment can make a big difference. (Yes, it is possible to enforce rules and still be friendly. Trust me.)
I was a sworn moderator of the Code Review watch. For four years I have served. And now my watch has ended.