Relating to the discussion and controversy around questions that are explicitly stated as, presumed, or suspected to be homework questions (i.e. those given to a student in a formal course of study).
homework, and the discussion around it, cover several topics, including:
- Question quality
- The amount of effort an asker has put into their question
- Whether or not the question is generally covered in a college-level course work
- Meta tags
- Qualitative filtering of questions
- Filtering topics based on perceived complexity and/or difficulty
- Whether these kinds of questions belong on StackExchange
As of this writing, there is much discussion, and quite a bit of controversy over where homework should live in StackExchange sites, its status as either meta tag or not, and etiquette around handing questions that are seen as homework.