I'm a self taught hobby programmer with diverse and often changing interests.
I learned BASIC on several microcomputers of the '80s and '90s then Z80 machine code on the Sinclair ZX Spectrum without an assembler then C and 68000 assembly on the Commodore Amiga then C++.
Once Doom and Linux appeared I moved to the PC and started with scripting languages. I've moved from Perl to NodeJS, skipping Python and Ruby.
I always find edge cases few other people hit in almost any project I get into.
I worked as a professional C programmer from the mid nineties until the IT crash on Amiga and then PC.
I'm very happy to be coding just for myself again.
Member for 3 years, 8 months
0 profile views
Last seen Dec 2 '17 at 1:31
- Travel 73.1k 73.1k 4747 gold badges236236 silver badges577577 bronze badges
- Japanese Language 14.6k 14.6k 2626 gold badges8383 silver badges129129 bronze badges
- Linguistics 12.9k 12.9k 77 gold badges4444 silver badges116116 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 12.3k 12.3k 1111 gold badges8080 silver badges117117 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 7.5k 7.5k 11 gold badge1818 silver badges3737 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 336 OK we're all adults here, so really, how on earth should I use a squat toilet?
- 268 Build and strengthen the Stack Exchange community with "crossover questions" between sites
- 109 Are Indians as pushy to one another as they appear to be to Westerners?
- 96 When should I use jQuery deferred's "then" method and when should I use the "pipe" method?
- 84 What can I do to prevent passport stamps being put on blank pages?
- 79 How important are accents in written Spanish?
- 75 When to use ください (kudasai) or お願いします (onegaishimasu) in requests?
- View more network posts →