I'm a self taught hobby programmer with diverse and often changing interests.
I learned BASIC on several microcomputers of the '80s and '90s then Z80 machine code on the Sinclair ZX Spectrum without an assembler then C and 68000 assembly on the Commodore Amiga then C++.
Once Doom and Linux appeared I moved to the PC and started with scripting languages. I've moved from Perl to NodeJS, skipping Python and Ruby.
I always find edge cases few other people hit in almost any project I get into.
I worked as a professional C programmer from the mid nineties until the IT crash on Amiga and then PC.
I'm very happy to be coding just for myself again.
Member for 3 years, 3 months
0 profile views
Last seen Dec 2 '17 at 1:31
- Travel 47.4k 47.4k 4747 gold badges228228 silver badges565565 bronze badges
- Japanese Language 7.9k 7.9k 2323 gold badges7979 silver badges127127 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 7.9k 7.9k 1111 gold badges7676 silver badges113113 bronze badges
- Linguistics 7.6k 7.6k 55 gold badges4141 silver badges112112 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 4.9k 4.9k 1111 gold badges4545 silver badges7373 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 333 OK we're all adults here, so really, how on earth should I use a squat toilet?
- 263 Build and strengthen the Stack Exchange community with "crossover questions" between sites
- 108 Are Indians as pushy to one another as they appear to be to Westerners?
- 96 When should I use jQuery deferred's "then" method and when should I use the "pipe" method?
- 84 What can I do to prevent passport stamps being put on blank pages?
- 78 How important are accents in written Spanish?
- 73 What are the differences between じ and ぢ, and ず and づ?
- View more network posts →