Ancient computer nerd who likes digging and learning. Cut my teeth on UNIVAC-timeshare and was 'hooked' for life. Useful results, if any, are secondary to the fun.
First home computer: 1984 home-built IBM-PC/XT 8086, 640KB RAM, MS-DOS 1.25, Dual 5-¼ Floppy, 20MB HDD, Hercules Graphics.
First programming contract: 1986, Borland Turbo Pascal, Cotton gin product tracking (seed to graded bale)
Current main OS: Leap 15.0
Favorite Languages: Pascal, HTML/CSS/JS, Fortran, Perl, Shell script(Bash mostly), PHP
Favorite Hobbies: Learning, Computers, Reading
Fan of Rusty
I have recolored the image for my profile. To use this, in the original colors, in your Stack Exchange profile, copy this code:
[![Not f'd - you won't find me on Facebook][notfb]][fsf-fb] [notfb]: https://static.fsf.org/nosvn/no-facebook-me.png "Not f'd — you won't find me on Facebook" [fsf-fb]: http://www.fsf.org/fb
To use it in a more general fashion, use this code where you have full HTML code access:
<a href="http://www.fsf.org/fb"><img src="http://static.fsf.org/nosvn/no-facebook-me.png" alt="Not f'd — you won't find me on Facebook" /></a>
Top network posts
- 103 Why do we count starting from zero?
- 68 How to ask a vegan to stop telling me about veganism because I am not interested in it?
- 52 Can my sister convey to her womanizer boss by her body language and general behavior that she is not 'available' for an 'office romance'?
- 39 Advances in CS appropriate for CS1 and CS2 made by female computer scientists
- 27 Asking waiters to let you eat in peace
- 27 Why was the Millennium Falcon too small for a cloaking device?
- 26 Drive name? What is the correct term for the "sda" part of "/dev/sda"?
- View more network posts →