When I changed my first System from Windows to LINUX it happened to me that I never booted Windows on this System again. Though in this early days I wasn't even comfortable with updating the system via command-line.
While I got more and more into Linux I discovered Lilypond and the first time in my live I found a way of making scores that fitted me. (Honestly saying, also Lilypond was driving me nuts sometimes, but I kept loving it, special thanks has to be given to the #lilypond channel on freenode)
When I got my first Rasperrypi I was kinda forced to learn more terminal usage using ssh, screen and starting to seriously setup the system by looking at config files.
Couple of years later I got into the usage of the terminal more and more, discovering the magic of RegEx for the use of tools like SED, RENAME etc. and also started to write my first little bash scripts that now days I use on a daily basis.
Member for 1 year, 10 months
11 profile views
Last seen Dec 13 '17 at 1:05
Top network posts
- 11 Linux - display or upgrade security updates only using apt
- 10 Bash - reverse an array
- 10 Guake terminal does not drop down with F12 after upgrade
- 10 What is a paradiddle?
- 9 Bash - date, working around the 2038 bug on 32bit LINUX system
- 7 Awk - replace one character only in a certain column
- 7 Invoke date within an awk command to format output
- View more network posts →