Jörg W Mittag
Not a software developer in the sense that I write software as part of my job or otherwise get paid to do so. Also, not a developer in the sense that I write software for others.
I write software for myself, often for no other reason than that I want to. (What I call recreational programming.)
Actually, I’m currently forcibly confined to recreational programming, as I’m looking for a job.
My current go-to language is Ruby, but I’m interested in all sorts of other languages as well: Newspeak, Seph, Ioke, Self, Io, Slate, Reia, Cobra, Fortress, Sapphire, Haskell, Scala, Clojure, Racket, Go, Fancy, Poison, and many more.
- Stack Overflow 317.8k 317.8k 6868 gold badges391391 silver badges591591 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 80.3k 80.3k 1818 gold badges174174 silver badges257257 bronze badges
- Aviation 2.6k 2.6k 1212 silver badges2323 bronze badges
- Server Fault 1.9k 1.9k 11 gold badge1717 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- Super User 1.8k 1.8k 22 gold badges1717 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 1178 Begin, Rescue and Ensure in Ruby?
- 1160 When monkey patching an instance method, can you call the overridden method from the new implementation?
- 612 Does ruby have real multithreading?
- 611 How do I clone a subdirectory only of a Git repository?
- 607 How to convert a normal Git repository to a bare one?
- 450 What is the difference between task and thread?
- 337 Does Ruby have a string.startswith("abc") built in method?
- View more network posts →