Founder of OfftheGridMaps.com who designs and sells print-at-home or GPS-enabled Montana Outdoor Recreation maps.
I use Python for process and workflow automation, database reporting & manipulation, and developing new spatial tools. I've using GIS for 20+ years, mostly ESRI, but recently leaning towards more open-source tools (QGIS, PostGIS, GDAL/OGR, web-based tools).
My main interests are location analytics, blending Business Intelligence with spatial analysis. Examples include retail/real estate site selection, trade area analysis, customer research, and marketing through demographic analysis.
- Geographic Information Systems 22.1k 22.1k 1616 gold badges100100 silver badges170170 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 1.2k 1.2k 33 gold badges1313 silver badges2929 bronze badges
- Photography 279 279 11 gold badge22 silver badges55 bronze badges
- Earth Science 215 215 11 silver badge66 bronze badges
- Code Review 175 175 11 gold badge11 silver badge66 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 61 Selecting features with NULL attributes in QGIS
- 55 Creating drive time polygons using Open Source tools?
- 54 Making spatial view in PostGIS and adding it as layer in QGIS?
- 45 Selecting features that do NOT intersect in PostGIS
- 42 Curved point-to-point "route maps"
- 40 Shapefile PRJ to PostGIS SRID lookup table?
- 37 How to Start Web Mapping?
- View more network posts →
Keeping a low profile.
This user hasn't posted yet.
Mar 27 '17