Former PostDoc working on the evolution of host-microbiota interactions at Kiel in Germany. I gained my PhD working on microbial genetics in the food borne pathogen, Campylobacter jejuni at the University of Leicester, UK.
Before that I spent a bit over a decade working as a programmer, with most of that time spent writing computer games. I have degrees in Mathematics (MMath), Life Sciences (BSc) and Molecular Genetics (MSc).
Member for 7 years, 7 months
0 profile views
Last seen Nov 9 '18 at 13:09
- Stack Overflow 15.9k 15.9k 66 gold badges3434 silver badges6565 bronze badges
- Academia 8.7k 8.7k 22 gold badges2727 silver badges4040 bronze badges
- Biology 6.6k 6.6k 2525 silver badges4848 bronze badges
- Worldbuilding 5.5k 5.5k 11 gold badge1414 silver badges2323 bronze badges
- The Workplace 4.7k 4.7k 11 gold badge1313 silver badges2323 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 345 How to search and replace text in a file?
- 259 Was credit for the black hole image misattributed?
- 143 How can a fish that explodes by itself prosper enough to reproduce on a grand enough scale to persist as a species?
- 131 How do I change the formatting of numbers on an axis with ggplot?
- 123 Co-authors request that others do not use "he" as a pronoun - is this reasonable?
- 117 Opposite of any() function
- 116 Should I follow the normal path or fail early?
- View more network posts →