Hi, I'm a front-end digital developer. I design and develop web-apps and websites. I have 22 years experience of working with markup, styling, scripting, data storage/retrieval and developing apps using an array of client-side and server-side technologies:
- PHP7 (Server Side Development)
- Regular Expressions
- PWA - Progressive Web App technologies (Webmanifest & Service Worker)
- .htaccess (Server Configuration)
- a dash of jQuery
I'm now learning
Node.js. This year I also plan to start learning the
Vue.js framework and
Markup and Development
HTML5: I am familiar with working with a large number of HTML5 APIs, not least:
- Web Storage (
- Fetch (next generation
- Touch Events
- Web Workers (for multi-threaded development)
- Media API (Video & Audio)
- Page Visibility
- File System
I have 22 years experience writing W3C Standards Compliant, cross-platform compatible markup (HTML5, xHTML 1.0, HTML 4.01 and HTML 3.2).
CSS3: I am familiar with working with a large number of CSS3 Modules, not least:
- CSS Custom Properties
- CSS Grid
- CSS Flexbox
- CSS Typed Object Model
- CSS Animations & Transitions
- CSS Transforms
- CSS Filters
- CSS Masking and Clipping
- CSS Pseudo-Classes & Pseudo-Elements
- CSS Counters
- CSS Fonts
- CSS Columns
- Media Queries
I have 16 years experience writing CSS Stylesheets and presenting cross-device compatible web pages using Responsive Web Design, Adaptive Web Design, RESS etc.
Scripting and more (Server Side and Client Side)
ES5 and 2 years experience in writing
JSON: I can quickly and competently write and edit valid
JSON strings of any length and complexity.
PHP5 and .htaccess: I have 6 years experience in server-side scripting using
PHP and server configuration using
HTTP headers etc.) .
Ajax and Fetch API: I am adept in using
Ajax to asynchronously access server side scripts from the client side. I am increasing my competency in using the
Fetch API (the ES2015 next generation alternative to
Regular Expressions: I frequently use
Website Maintenance: I am familiar with
XML Sitemaps. In 2014 I wrote a
PHP app which auto-generates XML Sitemaps.
jQuery: When I need to do so, I can quickly and competently translate backwards and forwards between
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Member for 8 months
6 profile views
Last seen Mar 3 at 21:28
- Stack Overflow 17.6k 17.6k 33 gold badges4141 silver badges5858 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 1.7k 1.7k 99 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- Webmasters 1.3k 1.3k 11 gold badge88 silver badges2323 bronze badges
- Code Review 283 283 1010 bronze badges
- Super User 160 160 88 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 54 Are there any clones/alternatives for running a Stack Exchange style Q&A site?
- 30 How were the racial backgrounds used by The Loop and previous surveys designed?
- 28 Checking in with "*Monica*" users
- 26 Is there a "previous sibling" selector?
- 25 Using nth-child to select an even, and then an odd number of elements
- View more network posts →