the Tin Man
Long time developer in lots of different fields on different hardware using different languages for different reasons.
Greatly enjoying Ruby, Sequel, Nokogiri, Rails, Sinatra/Padrino, and trying to find time and opportunities to work with Python.
I have years and years of experience with Perl too, along with Java, SQL, Pascal, C, various assembly languages and interpreted BASICs.
Member for 9 years, 1 month
0 profile views
Last seen Apr 26 '17 at 17:31
- Stack Overflow 144.1k 144.1k 2929 gold badges188188 silver badges269269 bronze badges
- Music: Practice & Theory 4.6k 4.6k 1313 silver badges3131 bronze badges
- Photography 1.7k 1.7k 1010 silver badges1616 bronze badges
- Ask Different 1.1k 1.1k 88 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 1.1k 1.1k 88 silver badges1010 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 905 How to map and remove nil values in Ruby
- 556 Sorting an array in descending order in Ruby
- 364 How to find where gem files are installed
- 316 How to install a gem or update RubyGems if it fails with a permissions error
- 230 What is the easiest way to remove the first character from a string?
- 226 What are all the common ways to read a file in Ruby?
- 189 Pass variables to Ruby script via command line
- View more network posts →