Nice to meet you! Formerly known as Mat's Mug (I love my SO mug!), I manage the Rubberduck open-source project, a COM add-in project written in C#, extending the glorious VBE with modern-day IDE features.
I must have been 12 or 13 years old when I unearthed the old Commodore-64 from my childhood, of which I remembered not much at all, beyond Q*Bert! and Pac-Man. I was thoroughly fascinated, and quickly learned the built-in BASIC 2.0, later QBasic on a "real computer", then VB4, VB5, and VB6 in my later teens. A few years later I started my professional life with Excel and VBA (Oh wow, I can write VB6 in Excel!), then I learned about databases with Access, moved on to SQL Server, and then learned C# and the .NET framework. These days I mostly work with T-SQL, SSRS, C#, and VBA.
- Code Review 62.1k 62.1k 1515 gold badges157157 silver badges425425 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 50.2k 50.2k 88 gold badges7474 silver badges168168 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 5.5k 5.5k 22 gold badges2121 silver badges5050 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 987 987 1010 silver badges2828 bronze badges
- Super User 709 709 33 silver badges1212 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 111 Down with FizzBuzz... LOL
- 82 Is VBA an OOP language, and does it support polymorphism?
- 61 Interview coding test: Fizz Buzz
- 54 Implementing String.Format() in VB6
- 54 Please show hats in the Android app (aka android app hates hats)
- 52 Unit of Work and Repository with Entity Framework 6
- 50 What are the fantasy secret hats you'd wish to get?
- View more network posts →