I'm mainly a self-taught Java developer with a bachelor degree from the university of Vienna in Business Informatics, with some knowledge in C/C++, Python and some other programming languages.
I have more than 6 years of professional experience in software engineering, mainly at ecosio.com, where I was responsible for the design and development of an HTTP based API, a SFTP Server implementation based on a custom Java file system that mimics a MySQL backed table as virtual files and directories, and most recently the integration of an AS2/AS4 related Peppol client and server solution. Besides that I regularly was responsible for profiling our applications to increase their performance, make suggestion on how to reduce database calls and the like as well as implement various client-specific applications, mostly written in Java.
Technologies I had to work with included frameworks like
- Amazon AWS (S3, SQS, SNS, XRay and a bit of API Gateway)
- Spring 4/5
- Spring Boot 1.5/2
- Apache Camel (from 2.4 on till 2.25.1)
- ElasticSearch (and a bit of Kibana)
- JUnit 4, Mockito, Hamcrest
- Docker and Docker-Compose
- and some others
I value design patterns and code clarity and am constantly trying to refactor code to improve overall code quality, readability as well as testability. The REST architecture concept is more than just a simple JSON based HTTP invocation to me and as such I do believe that I can help others in achieving a grade of decoupling where changes on the server side need not automatically lead to a break of clients. I am well aware though that this often is not easily achievable, nevertheless I am strongly driven to promote the actual idea of the REST architecture here at StackOverflow.
My current interests involve
- Distributed Computing
- REST architecture
- Java modules
- Java concurrency
Top network posts
- 135 How to find out the currently logged-in user in Spring Boot?
- 130 creating a simple rule engine in java
- 32 Difference between Swagger & HATEOAS
- 22 Concurrent JUnit testing
- 18 Mockito when/then not returning expected value
- 17 SOAP WS - make @WebParam optional
- 15 Can I PUT without an ID?
- View more network posts →