I wrestled a bear once.
About Stack Exchange
Stack Exchange is a wonderful resource. I've learned a lot from the community here over the years and I like to give back and try to answer questions when I can - but, in my opinion the model is inherently flawed.
Moderation tools are assigned to users as they gain reputation points. The problem is, you can be an expert on some programming language and earn 20k or 100k rep, but that does not mean you will be a good moderator. For this reason, Stack Exchange is very inconsistent in quality. Depending on who is online when you ask a question it may be well received, or some opinionated high-rep user may unilaterally close it for any number of reasons. The day and time that you choose to ask a question is just as important as the question itself.
Thank you to those of you who have answered my questions and been helpful to the community, and thank you to the high-rep users who aren't here on a power trip. You da real mvp.
Tampa Bay Area, FL, USA
Member for 5 years, 9 months
4 profile views
Last seen Oct 2 '19 at 19:06
- Stack Overflow 17.5k 17.5k 1515 gold badges5353 silver badges106106 bronze badges
- Code Review 2.1k 2.1k 66 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- Parenting 1.3k 1.3k 11 gold badge55 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- Travel 414 414 55 silver badges44 bronze badges
- Movies & TV 353 353 11 gold badge22 silver badges1010 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 74 Lying to my daughter about her mother's death
- 52 phpMyAdmin Duplicate Table
- 43 Is it safe to travel to Miami Beach shortly after hurricane Irma?
- 16 Remove duplicates form an array
- 16 HTML/CSS. goto a class?
- 12 Google Maps API: how to check if an address or location is valid?
- 11 When and why did Tony Stark dig a hole in his chest?
- View more network posts →