«"Five to one against and falling..." she said, "four to one against and falling...three to one...two...one...probability factor of one to one...we have normality, I repeat we have normality." She turned her microphone off — then turned it back on, with a slight smile and continued: "Anything you still can’t cope with is therefore your own problem."»
“[…] If I revisited that decision today, I might even go so far as to remove single inheritance as well. Inheritance just isn’t all that important. Encapsulation is OOP’s lasting contribution.” — Brad Cox was asked, why Objective-C doesn’t have multiple inheritance.(Masterminds of Programming: Conversations with the Creators of Major Programming Languages, p. 259)
- Stack Overflow 48.7k 48.7k 1414 gold badges120120 silver badges164164 bronze badges
- Code Review 865 865 77 silver badges99 bronze badges
- The Workplace 670 670 44 silver badges99 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 573 573 33 silver badges1212 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 309 309 22 silver badges99 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 169 Objective C - calculating the number of days between two dates
- 115 How do I reload/refresh the UIPickerView (with new data array) based on button press?
- 107 In Django, how do I know the currently logged-in user?
- 106 Assertion failure in UITableView configureCellForDisplay:forIndexPath:
- 80 How to separate string by space using Objective-C?
- 73 Written warning for allegedly "slacking off" (in Germany)
- 63 Current Week Start and End Date
- View more network posts →