Long ago, I left home and joined the United States Marine Corps where I was assigned the Military Occupational Specialty of Basic Metal Worker (MOS 1316). I loved building things as a welder, but could not see myself doing this until I reached age 65.
After my Honorable Discharge in the early 1990s, I used my G.I. Bill to go to school and received my Bachelor of Science Degree in Physics four years later.
Using a love of computers since I played on a Commodore 64 at 10 years old and two (2) C++ electives that I had taken in school, I began working in the computer programming field.
The recession following ENRON in 2001 left me working at a remedial job for a little over two years while I brushed up on my skills at a local community college in SQL and first learned what the new .NET Framework was all about.
I have had the pleasure of working as a Software Developer since 2003.
For a short while, I pulled in a little extra income by running a moonlighting business under the name Joe's Welding. Dangerous working conditions and non-paying customers prompted me to sell my mobile welding equipment about the time my son was born.
Today, I am exclusively a Software Developer. My language of choice is C#, and I enjoy working with databases.
If you care to find me anywhere else, just do a search on my screen name:
- Stack Overflow 23.9k 23.9k 3434 gold badges135135 silver badges241241 bronze badges
- Physical Fitness 1.1k 1.1k 66 silver badges99 bronze badges
- Motor Vehicle Maintenance & Repair 734 734 33 gold badges88 silver badges1616 bronze badges
- Super User 545 545 55 gold badges1212 silver badges2323 bronze badges
- Code Review 286 286 11 silver badge99 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 254 why windows 7 task scheduler task fails with error 2147942667
- 254 Visual Studio: How to show Overloads in IntelliSense?
- 152 How do I remedy the "The breakpoint will not currently be hit. No symbols have been loaded for this document." warning?
- 119 Formatting Numbers by padding with leading zeros in SQL Server
- 111 How To Create Table with Identity Column
- 86 Receiving login prompt using integrated windows authentication
- 46 ReadOnlyException DataTable DataRow "Column X is read only."
- View more network posts →