GNU/Linux hacker and command line junkie.
I like efficient code, and knowing how things really work.
I mostly use C/C++ (and perl/bash) on Linux, but I mostly look at assembly-language stuff on SO because it's more interesting to me, and there are fewer people posting good asm answers.
(profile pic is from https://xkcd.com/386/, and describes me perfectly. Incomplete answers/explanations make me crazy.)
Member for 6 years
1 profile view
Last seen Nov 19 '19 at 8:09
- Stack Overflow 208.8k 208.8k 3131 gold badges340340 silver badges512512 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 5.4k 5.4k 1818 silver badges3939 bronze badges
- Super User 4.1k 4.1k 2020 silver badges2929 bronze badges
- Code Golf 3.2k 3.2k 1414 silver badges2323 bronze badges
- Video Production 2.4k 2.4k 11 gold badge1010 silver badges2020 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 1913 C++ code for testing the Collatz conjecture faster than hand-written assembly - why?
- 406 Deoptimizing a program for the pipeline in Intel Sandybridge-family CPUs
- 290 Does the C++ standard allow for an uninitialized bool to crash a program?
- 222 What is the best way to set a register to zero in x86 assembly: xor, mov or and?
- 198 Can num++ be atomic for 'int num'?
- 153 Why does glibc's strlen need to be so complicated to run quickly?
- 148 What Every Programmer Should Know About Memory?
- View more network posts →