Grew up with things like Space Quest, Day of the Tentacle and all the id games starting with Doom and Heretic; after Shiny's Sacrifice I got hooked on CRPGs with KotOR, NWN and Morrowind. My all-time favourite is Dragon Age: Origins.
Favourite text-based adventures: C++, Z80/x86 assembly, IDA.
Profile picture sourced from the Wookieepedia (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Gizka).
Interest areas: bulk image processing, OCR, databases, crypto, randomness, bytecode systems (compiler, interpreter/VM), simple and highly efficient data structures/algorithms
Strange fondness: FoxPro/VFP
Member for 5 years, 11 months
1 profile view
Last seen Jan 6 at 14:29
- Stack Overflow 3.5k 3.5k 11 gold badge1515 silver badges3030 bronze badges
- Code Review 2.6k 2.6k 11 gold badge88 silver badges2626 bronze badges
- Reverse Engineering 1.9k 1.9k 88 silver badges2828 bronze badges
- Information Security 371 371 33 silver badges99 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 296 296 22 silver badges55 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 48 CRC32 vs CRC32C?
- 23 Considerations for long-term key storage (paper backup, media for vault storage)?
- 17 Very fast uniform distribution random number generator
- 17 Using flat files vs database/API as a transport between a frontend and backend
- 12 Spreadsheet calculations with (at least) the accuracy of a C double
- 11 Computing the square root of a 64-bit integer
- 11 Sieve of Eratosthenes - segmented to increase speed and range
- View more network posts →