Mr. Lehmann studied computer science at Technische Universität Dresden, Germany. He started to teach computer engineering and architecture as a tutor. Later on, he specialized in digital design, FPGA technology, and high speed communications. He shared his gained knowledge in labs, research articles, and on social platforms. His research focused on digital designs with VHDL as well as the integration of EDA design steps into a Git and web services based development flow. Since 2017, Patrick Lehman is working for PLC2 GmbH as a trainer for VHDL, OSVVM and PCI Express.
He is one of the developers and maintainers of The PoC-Library, a platform and vendor independent open source IP core library. He is also a contributor to the free VHDL simulator GHDL. In 2016, he started an initiative called "Open Source VHDL Group".
Mr. Lehmann is active in the IEEE P1076 "VHDL Analysis and Standardization Group" since 2014. He detailed and wrote major parts of the language changes for the upcoming VHDL revision. In 2017, he became an IEEE Standards Association member and was announced vice-chair of the P1076 working group. In this current work, he is working together with IEEE to release all VHDL language packages as open source, as well as creating a new collaborative, open source publishing flow in IEEE.
- Stack Overflow 12.8k 12.8k 1111 gold badges4747 silver badges112112 bronze badges
- Electrical Engineering 3.7k 3.7k 22 gold badges1313 silver badges3838 bronze badges
- Code Review 557 557 66 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 413 413 11 gold badge33 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- Open Source 267 267 22 silver badges99 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 196 Why is Git not considered a "block chain"?
- 60 How to pass a switch parameter to another PowerShell script?
- 39 What is needed for curses in Python 3.4 on Windows7?
- 37 What's the difference between Chocolatey, OneGet, PsGet, NuGet, ...?
- 34 vsim does not accept -modelsimini parameter on Windows
- 26 How does DMA work with PCI Express devices?
- 25 vsim does not accept -modelsimini parameter on Windows
- View more network posts →