I do front-end development for a small company in East TN. I'm a StackOverflow enthusiast and tend to click here before even MDN for most Google searches. I am fanatic about general performance and accessibility.
My SO questions tend to be about experimental concepts. I like building my own tools (re-re-reinventing the wheel) for its own sake. I'm obsessed with producing elegant, readable code. I'm very OCD (though my mother has never had me tested) and proud of it; I will rewrite projects several times and feel like it was time well-spent as long as it produces even a marginally better product.
I love reading about new technologies and W3C rec's, but as my company's stuck on supporting IE8 (and graceful degradation can be a pain) I've yet to experiment with a lot of the new browser implementations, let alone the experimental stuff. I love jQuery but find myself lately trying to use it less and less in favor of vanilla js. As for other libraries I tend to be very averse and prefer custom options, even if it's more work - learning is never a wasted effort.
My wife and I - both transplants from southeast Missouri - live right next to the Smoky Mountains and regularly serve in ministries at our local church. We don't have cable or smartphone data plans but watch a lot of Netflix. We like all natural foods (though I'd never turn down a bag of Doritos) and love to visit farms and do other "free" activities.
Member for 6 years, 4 months
0 profile views
Last seen Feb 11 '15 at 16:49
Top network posts
- 43 How to display special characters in PHP
- 16 Passing variables to $.ajax().done()
- 14 How to display special characters in PHP
- 13 Google analytics tells me that over 2% of my visitors are using Chrome 1 or 1.5, is that accurate?
- 8 How to configure Koala Sass auto compile on partials changes?
- 5 Are we not supposed to be using the <main> element anymore?
- 5 Dynamically accessing multidimensional array value
- View more network posts →
Keeping a low profile.
This user hasn't posted yet.
Feb 11 '15