Important: StackExchange Inc. has been exhibiting inappropriate conduct, in my opinion. For shame! Please visit if that troubles you.
Made my way from the Olympus of Complexity Theory, Probabilistic Combinatorics and Property Testing to the down-to-earth domain of Heterogeneous and GPU Computing, and now I'm hoping to bring the gospel of GPU and massive-regularized parallelism to DBMS architectures. I've post-doc'ed at the DB architecture group in CWI Amsterdam to do (some of) that.
I subscribe to most of Michael Richter's critique of StackOverflow; you might want to take the time to read it.
If you listen closely you can hear me muttering "Why am I not socratic again already?"
- Stack Overflow 64.9k 64.9k 3131 gold badges169169 silver badges337337 bronze badges
- Academia 31.1k 31.1k 22 gold badges5151 silver badges163163 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 15.8k 15.8k 66 gold badges3030 silver badges4848 bronze badges
- TeX - LaTeX 9.5k 9.5k 66 gold badges4141 silver badges9494 bronze badges
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 6.8k 6.8k 33 gold badges3232 silver badges6464 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 613 An apology to our community, and next steps
- 603 Update: an agreement with Monica Cellio
- 491 SE Inc. Director of Public Q&A retweets bad-faith, misrepresentative tweet
- 287 What is a smart pointer and when should I use one?
- 238 What is a "span" and when should I use one?
- 229 Why is SE removing links and community ads about a legal fund campaign?
- 215 What is std::move(), and when should it be used?
- View more network posts →