If I can use the word defenestrate in everyday conversation it brightens my day.
Learn to use your debugger. Stepping thru a small program that works is one way to learn the basis. Compile with max warnings, and fix all of them. The compiler is your friend.
I am a long time software developer; the keyboard I use is an old OmniKey that's over 25 years old (and goes thru two adapters). I like the high performance bits that get the work done, and my preferred UI is a command line.
- Stack Overflow 31.2k 31.2k 77 gold badges4141 silver badges5252 bronze badges
- Code Review 7.6k 7.6k 22 gold badges1919 silver badges3838 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 1.4k 1.4k 22 gold badges1313 silver badges2020 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 702 702 11 gold badge77 silver badges1010 bronze badges
Top network posts
- 133 Should generated documentation be stored in a Git repository?
- 42 Is it a missed optimization, when a compile-time known reference takes space in a struct?
- 35 We're switching to CommonMark
- 35 I'm in your .zips crackin' your passwords
- 32 Shorten condition to check that x is not any of four numbers
- 30 Comparing unordered_map vs unordered_set
- 21 Difference observed between MSVC14.1 and gcc8.3 when a destructor call for an automatic variable amends a function return value
- View more network posts →