If I can use the word defenestrate in everyday conversation it brightens my day.
Learn to use your debugger. Stepping thru a small program that works is one way to learn the basis. Compile with max warnings, and fix all of them. The compiler is your friend.
I am a long time software developer; the keyboard I use is an old OmniKey that's over 25 years old (and goes thru two adapters). I like the high performance bits that get the work done, and my preferred UI is a command line.
Member for 4 years, 11 months
11 profile views
Last seen yesterday
- Stack Overflow 27.9k 27.9k 77 gold badges3939 silver badges4747 bronze badges
- Code Review 6.6k 6.6k 22 gold badges1515 silver badges3333 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 1.3k 1.3k 22 gold badges1010 silver badges1818 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 662 662 11 gold badge66 silver badges1010 bronze badges
Top network posts
- 133 Should generated documentation be stored in a Git repository?
- 41 Is it a missed optimization, when a compile-time known reference takes space in a struct?
- 35 We're switching to CommonMark
- 35 I'm in your .zips crackin' your passwords
- 32 Shorten condition to check that x is not any of four numbers
- 26 Comparing unordered_map vs unordered_set
- 19 The reason for top-level domains (TLDs)
- View more network posts →