Python Core Developer and principle author of:
- PEP 409 --
raise ... from Noneto suppress exception chaining
- PEP 435 --
Enum(and the implementation)
- PEP 461 --
Author of the best pure-python dbf library*!
Other possibly interesting packages (all are Python2/3 compatible, as is
aenum -- an Advanced Enumeration library that builds on the stdlib
antipathy -- a file path class that is derived from
unicode, so can be seamlessly passed to other functions that expect a
unicodeobject, while still allowing you to use more intuitive actions
pandaemonium -- a daemon framework with good debugging support and a built-in lockfile implementation
scription -- a library to aid writing command line scripts: includes support for separate arguments per sub-command, basic interaction with the user, executing sub-programs, being run SUID, etc
*I'm biased, of course.
Member for 4 years, 8 months
0 profile views
Last seen Mar 9 '16 at 8:16
- Stack Overflow 46.2k 46.2k 1414 gold badges110110 silver badges185185 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 493 493 22 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- Code Review 464 464 33 silver badges77 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 326 326 11 silver badge88 bronze badges
- English Language Learners 306 306 44 silver badges88 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 428 Build a Basic Python Iterator
- 207 Convert string to Enum in Python
- 186 Convert datetime object to a String of date only in Python
- 182 What's the difference between a Python "property" and "attribute"?
- 171 What's the difference between globals(), locals(), and vars()?
- 145 What's the difference between globals(), locals(), and vars()?
- 113 __getattr__ on a module
- View more network posts →