"Justice without force is powerless; force without justice is tyrannical." ~ Blaise Pascal (1623 – 1662)
"Give a small boy a hammer, and he will find that everything he encounters needs pounding." ~ Abraham Kaplan (1918 – 1993), The Conduct of Inquiry: Methodology for Behavioral Science, 1964, page 28.
"All that is complex is not useful; all that is useful is simple." ~ Mikhail Kalashnikov (1919 – 2013)
"The cost of a mistake is the time required to correct it. With powerful languages and good programming environments, this cost can be greatly reduced. Programming style can then depend less on planning and more on exploration." ~ Paul Graham (1964 – ), ANSI Common Lisp, 1995.
- Stack Overflow 9.7k 9.7k 44 gold badges6161 silver badges9191 bronze badges
- Skeptics 3.7k 3.7k 11 gold badge2222 silver badges4545 bronze badges
- Super User 1k 1k 11 gold badge1111 silver badges3737 bronze badges
- Arqade 771 771 11 gold badge99 silver badges2020 bronze badges
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 707 707 77 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 107 How do I use raw_input in Python 3
- 100 Display a decimal in scientific notation
- 77 Does America not lead the world in mass shootings?
- 73 How do I set headers using python's urllib?
- 66 Error in slick.js: "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'add' of null"
- 48 Did JFK earn $150,000 a year as president, and donate it all to charity?
- 47 Nicest way to pad zeroes to a string
- View more network posts →