At age 6 I wrote a letter to Nintendo expressing my interest in becoming a game programmer. They actually wrote me a polite response, which regrettably I lost years ago. At age 8 I found a kids book about BASIC and took it into "computer lab" at school and asked if I could "try it." The teacher didn't know what that meant, and neither did I, so we just had me type some code into our word processor, only to be disappointed when nothing magical happened. At age 11 I got my first computer, a discarded 386 from the Veteran's Administration where my uncle worked, and began learning C++ from a book.
In 10th grade I took a Pascal class, and in 11th grade AP Computer Science using C++, both classes a year earlier than "normal." For the AP Computer Science test, I opted to take the "B/C" version, even though my class only covered the "A/B" content, and I scored a 3 out of 5. In spare time I made a crude wireframe 3D engine using a C++ line-drawing library. In 12th grade there were no more programming classes left to take, so I was an aide to the AP CS class.
I studied Computer Science at George Mason University and aced such 400-level courses as Artificial Intelligence (Lisp), Computer Vision (Matlab), Algorithms and Data Structures (theory, no coding), and Computer Graphics (OpenGL in Java).
Brevard County, FL, United States
Member for 4 years, 1 month
0 profile views
Last seen Sep 14 '18 at 12:48
- Stack Overflow 3.5k 3.5k 22 gold badges2929 silver badges4343 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 393 393 11 silver badge77 bronze badges
- Personal Finance & Money 350 350 11 silver badge1212 bronze badges
- Code Review 323 323 11 silver badge99 bronze badges
- Area 51 311 311 66 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 120 UML Sequence Diagram in Dia?
- 70 UML Sequence Diagram in Dia?
- 17 Let careers profile say "open ONLY to working remotely"
- 15 How to represent an if statement on a sequence diagram in DIA?
- 14 How to draw a self-call in Dia?
- 13 What program slicing tools actually exist?
- 13 How to stop "Just In Time Debugging" messages blocking a buildserver
- View more network posts →